Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer is here, finally!!

Cody's new discovery is dirt. It was so fun to watch him pick up the rock and let them fall out of his hand. He couldn't figure out why there were so many and why he couldn't get them all. ( I know the post is entitled summer is finally here and my kid is wearing a beenie, but it was really really windy and a little chilly.)

Mr. Cody is the joy of out lives. It's funny how everything revolves around him. When he is happy, so are we. When he's not, were not. I love my little man.

Russ casted and got his Jake Lure stuck. By the look on his face I don't think it is warm enough for him to be wading out in the lake. He was very brave.

Cody's first fish. We went up to Navajo lake in Cedar City. Russ caught this "HUGE" fish on the 2nd cast. Cody loved it and wasn't scared at all.

We drove up manti canyon and got up to Milky Falls. We wanted to go hike down by the falls but I didn't bring any shoes. "I should have known. I've been married to Russ long enough to know that when ever we go for a ride, there will be some hiking involved." So poor little Easton gave me a piggy back. I'm sure I about broke him back. Easton is the main reason we went up to Manti in the first place. He graduated from High School. Crazy. I can't believe that he is old enough to do that. I am old!

We went out to the Cabin and had some dutch oven. Yummy! Dutch oven is my favorite. We played "Wacky six". It is my grandma's all time favorite game. It has taken the place of hand and foot.
For Memorial day we went to Manti. I was there for a week and a half. It was really nice. This is four generations up above. My grandma Ann, my mom, me and Cody. I love my grandma Ann! She is such a spunky lady. She is always wanting to play card games, cook, sew, or do something fun. She is 73 and still acts like she is 20. I don't know where she gets the energy. I love her a ton.

2 comments:

Elise said...

nice post! looks like so much fun! It was good to see you last weekend, cody is so big! And to be catching fish! Wow :)

Anonymous said...

Uh..pretty sure you and your mom have that same energy as your grandma! She is so cute.

Love this post! Looks like you've been having fun. Cody is so dang cute. I miss you! I wish we could get together!