Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Surgery Day!!

So if ya'll haven't heard I had surgery. It wasn't a huge inpatient surgery but I have been down on my butt for 1 week and this week I just can't seem to get back to normal. My mind tells me I'm fine, but my body tells me I need to take it easy. If ya'll haven't heard a bout what happened here it is. So I had a pain on my right side that just wouldn't go away. I went over to the ultrasound department and got a ultrasound. They found a cyst on my right ovary that was 3.2 cm.(NOT BAD, Coulld be worse) I figured I would keep an eye on it and if it got bigger I would get an appointment. So four days later I went back and got another ultrasound and it had grown to 5.5 cm. Well, I decided to get an appointment. I went to my appointment and it had got even bigger. The doctor said that if it continued to get bigger it could turn the fallopian tube and cut off the circulation to my ovary. (YIKES). He said that because it was this big it would not go away on its own. He told me that I wasn't ovulating at all and would not be able to have kids until I got it out. He told me there was a chance I could lose my ovary. So I scheduled surgery for 10/21/2008. Everything went great!! I kept my ovary and he took out the cyst. He found a bunch of endometriosis that he burned off as well, so hopefully we have solved the problem.
Well that is the scoop on my surgery. Hopefully everything is working well and normal now.

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Aubs I'm so glad things went well! That is not good to have grown that much that quickly. Its a blessing you work in the field you do or you might have just ignored it. I hope this will make things better for you. We miss you guys!

Jamie said...

Small world...I just had the same surgery yesterday! I had a cyst in my right ovary and they had to cut me open and take it out. Luckily I only had to stay 1 night at the hospital. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Coleby Breanna Chesni said...

Sorry about your surgery, but glad you found it and everything worked out so well. Keep us updated.

The Christiansen's said...

I'm sorry you had to do the surgery! but on the upside they were able to clean out the endometriosis and now you will be able to have kids when your ready! we are still waiting on my scope and hopefully mine will go as well as yours!:) but I'm glad things went well for you!

Anonymous said...

Crazy! I'm glad you're okay. now you can start having kids :)

Kailee Joy said...

Goodness, I'm glad that they got everything under control!! Hope your feeling better!.

Emilee said...

Wow, I'm glad you are okay and that you payed attention to your body. Some people put that stuff off and then end up with really big problems.
Well replying to you earlier question, we don't have any children yet. I am planning on waiting until I am done with school. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Our Family said...

Oh my goodness aubrie that is terrible to hear you had to get surgery. I have an appointment on the sixth to figure out what we are having and to also look at my cysts too I had pain when i first found out about being prego but the pain is not going away. so hopefully i will not go under the knife like you did that sucks. Get well quick

Alison said...

I have been wondering about you!!! I'm so glad to hear things went well, I hope you are feeling better and your "recouping" is speedy.

We already miss Monday nights, how lame are we?!!!

Casey and Samantha said...

Yuck! That's no fun at all. I am so glad to hear everything went well. How great that you got on top of it before it got to be a bigger problem! Hope you get feeling better soon!

The Stylers said...

crazy who ya can find when your blog surfin haha! Good to see you guys on here! :) It was so much fun to hang out with you guys this weekend!

Kellie said...

I am glad that you are finally starting to feel better. Make sure you try to take it easy(which is impossible for you).

The Mitchell's said...

Scarry! I am glad that all went well!