So as I have posted before, Cody is not a good sleeper. At 9 months old he is still not sleeping through the night. I'm not complaining about him, , well, , I just really need some sleep. Now when I say he doesn't sleep through the night I don't mean he wakes of once or twice a night. Try anywhere from 3-6 times. Seriously? A while back I tried the Cry it out method, didnt' work! What the crap am I doing wrong? I need some sleep. Last night I was up from 12:00 -4:30. I really don't think I can keep this up much longer. And I am so sick of reading about other babies who sleep through the night when they 're born. I love my little Cody, but he has got to learn to sleep. In the day he takes two naps. One around 10;00 and one around 1;00. I thought he may be getting too much sleep so I changed his naps from two a day to one a day. Now he naps around 12:00 for about 2-3 hours. Thought it would work? Nope. I've heard the more sleep you get the more you want, tryed it. .. didn't work. I tried to wear him out during the day so he would be extra tired at night. . didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions? If my next little tike is like this holy crap I am doomed. But. . . I love everything else about Cody.
o- and Mindy! See- everyone's life isn't perfect! (I just read your blog)
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Sleep??? I don't even know what that is anymore.
Posted by AuBrie and Russ at 2:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
LOL welcome to my world Karlee did not sleep through the night till two and it took Brooke till One yr old!! I hear ya on the tried everything and none of it works! wish I had better advice then a lot of caffinated drinks lol!! good luck
He sounds like he probably wants to play. Maybe getting something to strap in his crib, so he will play with the toy and not you? Also, I don't know if your little one uses a bink.. but they did and do wonders for both of my boys. Good luck.. sorry the crying method didn't work. Did you try the going back every 5 minutes without talking to him, just putting your hand on his cheek for about a minute and then walking out, only to repeat it after 5 minutes? This worked for both of my boys. It took about a week though to have them be okay with their crib. Also, I heard if you take them out of the crib after putting them to bed, it makes your baby expect that every time. Good luck Aubrie.. I hope you find something that works :)
Oh boy!! Wish I had some advice for you. Someone was talking the other day about "new mom" adrenaline that helps you run on no sleep. But I really think that lasts only through the first month. I don't know how you're doing it. Good Luck! Let us know what works!!
Did you let him cry for 3 hours? Try that...
Aubrie, sorry to hear he is not sleeping through the night. Keegan will be two next month and he had just started sleeping through the night this last week. Thank heavens!! The only advice I could give you is try giving him his bath at night time right before bed. It helps soothe Keegan a little bit and relax him. I hope you can find something that works for you and Cody. Good Luck!
So sorry bout your situation! I don't know if you've ever used this website but it's great! It's babycenter.com Here's a link to a similar situation you're in-good luck!
http://www.babycenter.com/400_8-month-old-not-sleeping-through-the-night-yet_2415582_929.bc
I'm sorry Aubrie! That sucks! You're a champ for going through this and still have some sanity left, I'd be in a loony bin for sure. Bodee slept through the night when I started giving him 8OZ of formula(or whatever your doing...mix it?) I also had a cd player in his room turned on softly that played lullabies. Sorry i'm not much help!
The only thing I can think of is routine, do the exact same thing every night so he gets into a habit and knows just when bedtime is. But other than that, I don't really think there is a solution. I've just been told that babies will figure it out when they are good and ready. Oh, girlie! I hope he's ready soon. You are such a trooper!!!!
Oh my gosh I feel so sorry for you! Going w/out sleep is the absolute worst! I have no advice cause I have no clue what the heck I am doing but I hope things get better for ya soon!
Would it make you feel better or worse to know that I have four kids and not one of them slept through the night until they were over two years old? My personal theory (bearing in mind that my kids aren't great sleepers) is that the smartest kids aren't great sleepers, and it's because they're too busy thinking important things. I COULD NOT do cry it out- it made me too upset. A very wise relative (who might be Cody's grandma) told me that she just slept with her babies, and made me feel better about doing the same. We all sleep much better that way. (But Zane says I'm a hippie, so maybe I just have issues all around.) The good news is that all my kids have figured it out by three! So, yay! Only two more years!
hey aub I feel like a creepy blog stocker but I was looking at Brittany Masons blog and came across yours. Your little boy is so cute! Don'y worry my little girl isn't a great sleeper either I just remind my self that at some point everyone starts sleeping through the night! I agree that trying to keep them up during day really doesn't help. I was tolds once a good napper is a good sleeper.
wow. i wish i could help. i hate no sleep:( gotten any better?
i'm sorry it has taken a year for me to reply back to your comment. i absolutely loved it and it made my day! even just re-reading it made me feel so good. especially since somebody wrote a stupid rude post about my blog and it's really hard to not be self conscious now. so thankyou for being so positive and complimentary!
Cody is just adorable and has the cutest face. What a cute family you have! You seem like a fabulous mom, update us on what works because i know i'll need the information some day!
Post a Comment