Saturday, March 26, 2011

Then there were two!!

I can't believe I have two children. Its crazy and I love it! When I am awake at night I just sit there and think how lucky I am. Kyatt is a wonderful baby! I am definately blessed. He only wakes up 2 a night and sometimes the second time is not until 6:00. Who knows if this will last, but I am loving it. So last night Cody got up at 3:45 and was up until 6:00. Nothing was wrong he just didn't want to sleep. While I was up with him I was thinking to myself, isn't this a little backwards? Shouldn't it be Kyatt who is up all night since he is the new baby. Interesting that my almost 17 month old is harder than my brand new baby. Its probably my fault, I probably created part of it being so paranoid with Cody since he was my first. But Kyatt, I could sit him down and he would be fine on his own all day long as long as I changed him and fed him. Thank heavens. I don't know if I could do Cody twice. So Cody is loving having a brother. At first he wanted nothing to do with him, but now I can't keep him away! It is really cute, kind of scary too! Everytime I change Kyatts bum Cody wants to wipe it, he tries to share his food with him. And he won't stop kissing him! I am so glad that so far he likes him. He hasn't thrown any tantrums because there is a new one.
The C-section sucks. This was my second which means I can never try a v-bac again, c-sections from here on out. I am slightly depressed about this, for some reason I wanted the experience of a normal birth but I guess it just wasn't in the cards for me. Too bad! I can't tell you how bad I didn't want a c-section. All I could think was how will I do this. I won't beable to lift Cody. So I won't beable to put him in his crib, his high chair, bath him, anything. It has been difficult adjusting but I have learned some tricks. Russ is on the outtage at his work which means he works any where from 70 to 90 hours a week. This will last until the end of April. I can't wait til he is done! It has made it harder to recover, but I am feeling a little better now.
I know I am obsessed with weight, but I sure hope I can recover from this second c-section. How in the world am I going to get those muscles in my tummy to work again. I don't know how, but hopefully I figure it out so I can lose my weight. Any ideas?
Well life is crazy. I am very excited to have my 6 weeks of recovery over so I can go outside and not have to worry about not being able to get Cody back inside cause I can't lift him. and he throws fits when he has to go back in side. I'm looking forward to these two being so close in age and having so much fun together. I am excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition! Glad to see Cody is such a great older brother :) There are plenty of moms out there who have had c-sections and are able to handle things just fine-nothing wrong with having a c-section at all :) It's ok to be worried about the weight-it's a big concern for all of us. While it won't be an overnight process, I know you can reach the goals you want! It's no secret: eating right and exercising. Of course being a mom means being incredibly busy but maybe you could take your boys for a jog with a stroller; good luck! I know you can do it! You're awesome!

Kellie said...

I am so glad that Kyatt is being such a good baby for you. I am so gad that Cody has adjusted well also. I am sorry about the C Section. I know how you feel, but just know from here on out you will always know when you will have your next kiddos since you can plan it! I am thinking of you and hope everything continues to go well. Miss ya!

Garrett and Caitlin said...

Congrats on your new little one! And as far as your tummy muscles...Have you tried swimming? I heard that does wonders and also yoga. Good Luck!

Anna said...

ug reading this made my incision start aching... ha yay for c-sections. well, it's just lousy, really. but since we know it's not for some of us, might as well celebrate it, huh? gosh i can't wait for you to get some photos up of the guys in your life. so happy your so happy!

Meagan + Michael said...

Congrats mama! How fun to have two boys so close in age!