Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A collection of these

So I have this obsession with making baby blankets. I love to make them because they are so small and so cute. I store them in my closet for the day I will have a baby. (and no I'm not pregnant). It gives me something to do when Russ is gone to classes at night. As I was taking pictures of them I realized, "WOW" I don't really venture away from squares. Almost all of the blankets are just made of squares. One reason could be because they are fast and easy, they don't take that much time and I never have to follow a pattern. But, if any of you have any ideas of cute baby blankets (with out squares, or that requires a pattern) let me know. Here are pictures of a couple I have made.
Here are the Girl's


Here are the boys
The others I have made I gave away for baby shower's or just gave them away. Now ya'll can see the square problem I have. They are all made of squares. So please leave some ideas so I can have something to do in my bored'em, that doesn't involve many squares.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I SOOO get the obsessions with baby blankets. Sewing is pretty fun, but I definitely dig a project with a beginning and an end that happen within the same year. You should check out a blog my friends and I started- sewmamas.blogspot.com. Basically, we just post whatever project we are working on at the time. And if you are serious about wanting some different patterns, I have thirty of forty I'd be happy to share next time you're in Delta. Your quilts are darling, by the way!

Rebecca said...

I had to come see if you are annoucing anything yet. I hear there are things worth announcing! Let me know when.
Elise's mom