I am sitting here at work looking at peoples blogs!! I know, probably not the best thing to be doing at work but I am so freakin bored!! We have seen like 10 people in 8 hours.
Anyways, I am looking at all the girls who were pregnant about the same time I was and have babies about the same age as Cody, and to all of you, , , you are so freakin' skinny and this is why I'm depressed, not because you are all skinny but because I am far from it. If ya'll didn't know this is something that really bugs me. I don't feel good when I am over weight and I never have and then I get depressed. I guess it's just a problem I have. It's not that I care what other people think about it I just don't feel good about it.
I am within 5-10 pounds of my pre pregnancy weight, yet I don't feel or look anything like I used to. I honestly still look pregnant, when I am relaxed and not sucking in. Cody is 5 months old and I feel that is plenty of time to be back to what I used to be, if I was going to get back! My legs have gone back to normal but everything else is history. No matter what I do my stomach is a bit well, flabby! What the heck is the secret? What am I missing? Can you all clue me in here? I know I shouldn't complain, but I just wish I could get back into my pants without some huge flab of skin hangin' over. About the pants, I can finally button them which I thought I would never be able to do, but well, they don't look good and are butt tight!! So annoyed! Who has the money to go out and buy a whole new ward robe? Not me!! Apparantly I will have to wait til it gets warm out and whats that word I used to be so familiar with? EXERCISE??? What if even then my skin won't tighten up? Then what? O' man!! I guess that's what I get for gaining 60+ pounds. At least I got a really cute boy out of it.
When I think about all the things I am writting I realize it is so sad that we have to worry about this as women! Isn't this what we are suppose to do? Have kids. Heavenly Father doesn't care about how you look. That is not a pre requisite for him. When you have kids you don't always go back to where you were before.
Still, I am freakin' out!
I was watching a show the other day, can't remember what it was. Jessica Simpson was telling about how in other countries people look at beauty differently. In one country women try to get as fat as they can by eating tubs of lard and then someone will marry them. Then the husbands call them a "fat cow" and this is a good thing. It is a compliment and is considered beautiful. No way!! Can you believe that? This can not be a good thing especially not a healthy one.
Well, enough for my depressing thoughts about my body. Guess I will have to start thinking on the positive side, at least I don't have to eat tubs of lard and have Russ call me a "fat cow".
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Slightly Depressed!!
Posted by AuBrie and Russ at 5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Don't be depressed Aubs! You are a beautiful daughter of God and have a darling family. I know it is frustrating, I have felt that way before. Some people just genetically are lucky while others of us have to work and work at it. You may not ever be back to the exact way you were before but hopefully you will learn to feel comfortable and proud of your hard work. Love ya lots girl! If you ever need motivation or want to chat I am here for ya because I am working on it too!
Aub I know how that is to be 5-10 lds from before prego weight! Been there twice!and since my second I have finally after a year lost the weight BUT The skin thing DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!! I have heard it takes two years for your skin to get back but then I have heard 9 months? BUG!! Women must be strong I guess to know we change for good after babies I don't know! However let me know if there is any secret lotion or something other then an expensive laser to fix the flab lol! LOVE YA Tawn
First of all let me just say I totally admire you! It's not an easy thing to admit when we are uncomfortable with the way we weigh; thankfully there are shows like the one Jessica Simpson does that helps us realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've looked at your recent pictures and honestly, you look gorgeous! I've always wished I could look like you! You have such a wonderful beauty inside and out! While there's so many sources out there convincing to lose the weight, many people forget there's an emotional side to the story. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time! Hang in there! I know you'll get the results you want because of your hard working attitude! Remember, beauty's not just a skinny body or low number on the scale but it's truly something that comes from within. When you feel happy bout yourself, it shows in your face. AuBrie you truly are beautiful!
I have been the same way. I lost like 30 pounds the first 6 weeks (mostly water weight) then it was hard to get the remaining off. I was really struggling to get my old pants on. I didnt understand because I wore most those pants when i was 20 weeks pregnant and weighed more than i do now, but my friend with two kids told me that our bodies are differently porportioned now. Totally makes sense and doesnt make me so sad anymore! I just cant wear lowrise jeans, so i made the effort to buy a couple more pairs of jeans and now i'm soooo happy! I think that no matter what weight you are, whether your happy or not, you need to get some cute clothes to keep make you feel good and comfortable in the mean time, otherwise you will be killing yourself to squeeze into your old pairs of jeans, when really you may never fit in just because you are proportioned differently. ITs totally worth it! I also signed up for a pilates class at byu with a friend, i lost 10lbs right there! now i'm doing p90x with nic and its sooo great! i take walks with shaylee just to stay active. We will never be what we were before, screw the skinny girls that never gained weight while they were pregnant, we are real woman now with curvy beautiful bodies! hang in there! text me if you ever need to talk. I still get sad about my stretched out gut too :(
You are so funny! I'm impressed with you to blog about how so many of us feel!
Don't be too depressed yet, When I look back on the pictures when i was 6-7 months post pregnancy, I still had quite a bit to lose (I don't know if you are breastfeeding still but once that is over it helps too)
So it will come off eventually. I'm sad to say, for people like me, my body will never be the same. I have got back down to pre pregnancy and even below I think but yes my body doesn't feel the same, I have the same problem too with a stretched out belly. Probably because I gained TOO much during pregnancy. Uggh. My own fault. But that's how life is :) I think it takes alot of unselfishness to have kids and I just think of the blessing that has come from the pregnancy body. It's totally and completely worth it.
You look great...
I am sure that you are just being hard on yourself, but I understand because I too am my own worst critic. It will take time for you to be fully back to your old self, but just remember you did have a baby and you may never be as you were before. I don't know if that helps, but I just hope you know you are gorgeous and I hope I look as good as you when I am done with all of this!
Oh Aubrie, first off you could NEVER be fat. You are far from it, and you look amazing for 5 months out. I have almost had a full year and still am not back to what I was. Hello love handles that are quite possibly here to stay. No matter how much running, yoga, weight lifting, etc... I do my body isn't even close to what it was before. I've decided to just roll with it. Literally. Don't be depressed, look at it this way...would you rather be super skinny and no baby?Or have Codee in your life? I think you look amazing. You're gorgeous
your TOTALLY crazy! You are NOT fat at all. Even when i saw you prego you didnt look huge like you thought you looked. I do know what you are talking about- your body just changes- it gets worse with the more kids you have(at least for me it has.) As for loosing the weight... 5 months is nothing! They say with in the 1st year. (that is my excuse why i havent lost all of mine-it hasnt been a year yet :) i have 3 months left-yikes. AuBrie...i know how you feel because im there- but i bet you anything you are a lot harder on yourself! I miss you and hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment